[asterisk-dev] Trunk: Transcoding causes lockups

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Mon Jun 16 02:18:17 CDT 2008

Russell Bryant wrote:

> Please try compiling with DEBUG_THREADS enabled.  Then, when it is
> locked up, grab the "core show locks" output.  That is usually enough
> information for us to fix the problem.  I know you said the CLI is
> dead, but try a remote console.
>
> # asterisk -rx "core show locks" > locks.txt

(Written from the floor after falling off my chair . .  )

That fixed it!!

With total reproducibility, from the same source and with all other
options the same besides DEBUG_THREADS, the version with that build
option enabled works just fine.  The version built without DEBUG_THREADS
crashes every time.

I built each three times and carefully checked to make sure I was doing
the exact same thing in each case.

One thing I noticed is a slight difference on the CLI.

<Working>
-- Executing Dial("SIP/spa3k-0078b258", "IAX2/carrier/12198666114")
        > doing dnsmgr_lookup for 'sip.carrier.net'
        > doing dnsmgr_lookup for 'sip.carrier.net'
     -- Called carrier/12198666114
        > doing dnsmgr_lookup for 'sip.carrier.net'
     -- Call accepted by 1.2.3.4 (format gsm)
     -- Format for call is gsm
     -- IAX2/carrier-2895 is making progress passing it to
SIP/spa3k-0078b258
</Working>

<Non-working>
-- Executing Dial("SIP/spa3k-0078b258", "IAX2/carrier/12198666114")
        > doing dnsmgr_lookup for 'sip.carrier.net'
        > doing dnsmgr_lookup for 'sip.carrier.net'
     -- Called carrier/12198666114
        > doing dnsmgr_lookup for 'sip.carrier.net'
     -- Call accepted by 1.2.3.4 (format gsm)
     -- Format for call is gsm
</Non-working>
*** All sounds stop at this point and system is hung *****

This is r122766.