[asterisk-dev] Trunk: Transcoding causes lockups

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Jun 15 15:01:47 CDT 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 12:58 AM, Brian Capouch wrote:
> I build SVN-trunk fairly regularly for the openWRT embedded
> distribution.  I've noticed this problem for a while now (the last
> version I built that works OK was r118562) but only tonight (against a
> fresh checkout) was able to triangulate things enough to point to
> transcoding.
>
> I'm using a Sipura 3000 for my UA, set to use ulaw.  Calls made with
> ulaw go just fine, but using gsm or g726 (the only easy ones to test
> for
> me) blows things up rather dramatically just a few seconds into the
> bearer part of the call.  The CLI is dead, no more calls can be made,
> and all subsequent connections to the CLI (which invokes and gives a
> prompt) lock up immediately.
>
> "core show translations" shows similar values for each version, so I
> don't think that's where the problem lies.  I shut off the generic
> PLC,
> too, but that didn't make any difference.
>
> I read all the commit traffic but am not smart enough to discern a
> likely culprit.

Please try compiling with DEBUG_THREADS enabled.  Then, when it is
locked up, grab the "core show locks" output.  That is usually enough
information for us to fix the problem.  I know you said the CLI is
dead, but try a remote console.

# asterisk -rx "core show locks" > locks.txt

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer