[asterisk-dev] Trunk: Transcoding causes lockups

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Sun Jun 15 00:58:10 CDT 2008

I build SVN-trunk fairly regularly for the openWRT embedded
distribution.  I've noticed this problem for a while now (the last
version I built that works OK was r118562) but only tonight (against a
fresh checkout) was able to triangulate things enough to point to
transcoding.

I'm using a Sipura 3000 for my UA, set to use ulaw.  Calls made with
ulaw go just fine, but using gsm or g726 (the only easy ones to test for
me) blows things up rather dramatically just a few seconds into the
bearer part of the call.  The CLI is dead, no more calls can be made,
and all subsequent connections to the CLI (which invokes and gives a
prompt) lock up immediately.

"core show translations" shows similar values for each version, so I
don't think that's where the problem lies.  I shut off the generic PLC,
too, but that didn't make any difference.

I read all the commit traffic but am not smart enough to discern a
likely culprit.

FYI.

Thx.

b.