[asterisk-dev] libpri

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Sat Jun 14 15:35:08 CDT 2008

Timo Teräs wrote:

> Would you prefer that it was done using some ASN.1 compiler + library?
> (which one to choose from the many? is the extra bloat and  dependency to
> external asn1 library acceptable?). Alternative is to replace the macroes
> with something usable.

Certainly that seems like a worthwhile path, but any compiler/library
that is chosen will need to be under a reasonable open source license.
We've already had one situation (chan_ooh323) where the ASN.1 compiler
used to generate the GPL-licensed C code was not itself open source,
which makes the C source code not very manageable for users who want to
modify it.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies