[asterisk-dev] iax2-parser.c - Memory

Eric Dantie edantie at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 04:04:23 CDT 2008

I'm using asterisk-1.4.21.1 in production and more or less after a week
of intensive use (more or less 200.000 calls) the system stop working
because of lack of memory.

After investigating the possibles causes, I found that the problem is in
channel/iax_parser.c. If compiled with MALLOC_DEBUG, memory show summary
is showing more and more memory used. The code looks good.

Solution found:
- Compiling with LOW_MEMORY so that unused blocks are really freed.

Problem compiling with LOW_MEMORY: if asterisk is using dundi, then
asterisk crash (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13154)

Hope that help someone with same problems.

Éric Dantie