[asterisk-dev] Next 1.6 beta release?

Shaun Ruffell sruffell at digium.com
Wed Jul 16 16:43:52 CDT 2008

asterisk at ntplx.net wrote:
> DAHDI has caused me lots of trouble... I thought the current version
> was looking good but now it crashes my kernel (FXO single port clone card),
> but zap works like a charm! ZAP vs DAHDI is not just a name change
> like I thought it was...

This project has not yet released even a DAHDI release candidate.  So
problems can be expected.  I know I've ran into and resolved a few
crashes on the dahdi/linux/trunk last week and you might have run into
one of those.

If the driver you're using isn't distributed as part of DAHDI, you
might also need to contact the manufacturer about updating it to
support DAHDI, since the channels are now indirectly referenced from
the span (http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12657)

Shaun