[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Mon Jul 14 15:34:22 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-14 at 15:19 -0500, Brandon Kruse wrote:
> As Kevin mentioned, it would be great to be able to access the documentation
> from the actual compiled modules, so that we do not have a file.xml anywhere.

I 100% agree with this sentiment.  My (albiet selfish) goal is to make
it easy to *extract* the documentation from the compiled modules, so
that once we take the Hurculean effort to update the documentation in
the modules themselves, it will be trivial to create text/html/pdf
references from that data.

(Now if I could only ensure that the airplane I'm flying on this is
going to have power at the seat -- fifteen hours should hopefully give
me some free time to work on this.)

--
Jared Smith
Training Manager