[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Brandon Kruse bkruse at digium.com
Mon Jul 14 15:19:02 CDT 2008

Ok, very good suggestions. I did not mean to seem to get angry with tzafrir,
he is my buddy, I am just on vacation, and it's suckin :P

As Kevin mentioned, it would be great to be able to access the documentation
from the actual compiled modules, so that we do not have a file.xml anywhere.

I think it IS great, however, to have the ABILITY to get the documentation OUT
of the module, and into a file in a parseable format.

Accomplishing this means two things.

1) We do what Kevin mentioned and we access the documentation from the actual module.

2) Be able to export that documentation on build-time OR runtime (maybe?) to an external
file with version information, so nothing gets confused. If we are going to do all this,
let us make sure we do not make the same mistake many do, and try to get the version information
right the first time, which will be a HUGE benefit to us.

If we get these two, it will be a very nice feature to have, and architectural change to have.

-Brandon