[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Leif Madsen leif.madsen at asteriskdocs.org
Wed Jul 9 09:55:58 CDT 2008

Brandon Kruse wrote:
> The other major advantage IS having all this in XML, which can be easily
> converted and manipulated in docbook, and other applications that can find
> use for this specific XML blob that ALSO defines exactly what the application
> is.

Which also allows us to export this to HTML, and thus onto a website.

My dream has been to have a central location for documentation which
gets updated and tracked in Subversion, and the same documentation is
utilized inside of Asterisk, and also is available in PDF/HTML/etc...
formats.

With the XML format in the source, this becomes more of a reality. Now
we just need the CMS backend which can handle the import/export of
DocBook...

--
Leif Madsen
http://www.leifmadsen.com