[asterisk-dev] XML documentation of apps/functions/the_rest_of_the_world

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Jul 9 07:43:50 CDT 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 09:23:15AM -0300, Caio Begotti wrote:

> Another issue that would eventually appear is The Charset Hell.
>
> These are not big deals actually, but I guess they must be
> taken in account if the idea has multiple purposes :-)
>
> []s

Speacking of charsets, braces and such, here's ever a pettier point.
With bidirectional scripts the characters <>[]{}() may change their
appearance depending on the context (they mean "opening-__ and
closing-__ rather than left-__ and right-__). Most markup languages make
extensive use of such characters. And thus they become a pain to edit
with text of such a language.

reST (reStructuredText, used e.g. in the documentation of python) is
probably one of the markup languages that actually works rather well
with text in bidirectional languages, as it tends to make maore use of
'`:_ instead of the braces.

][s
--
               Tzafrir Cohen