[asterisk-dev] Voicemail Call Transfer

Tilghman Lesher tilghman at mail.jeffandtilghman.com
Mon Jul 7 17:42:26 CDT 2008

On Monday 07 July 2008 14:56:01 Richard Laager wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 12:37 -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> > That feature already exists, in the 1.6.0 beta.  It's enabled by the
> > d(<context>) option.  Basically, if you enter any digit that is a valid
> > extension (or start of an extension, for multi-digit options), Voicemail
> > will immediately exit to that context (either waiting for additional
> > digits or proceeding immediately for unambiguous single digit
> > extensions).
> >
> > The only caveat is that Voicemail does not currently set a channel
> > variable with the authenticated username.  You could emulate this,
> > though, by using the VMAuthenticate application first, then calling
> > Voicemail with the mailbox returned, as well as the 's' option to skip
> > authentication.
>
> It sounds like your second paragraph might cover this, but I didn't
> really grok that (because I'm not all that familiar with Asterisk): my
> concern would be that pressing "1" for my box needs to forward to a
> different place than "1" for someone else.

Correct, that's exactly what I'm saying.  We could put a variable in there
to tell you which user authenticated, but that won't be in the release until
1.6.1, at the earliest.

> Also, that information needs
> to be configurable via an ODBC data source. Is this possible in 1.6.0
> beta?

Yes, see func_odbc.conf for several examples of this.  There's also a
much longer example in the _Asterisk:_The_Future_of_Telephony_
book (2nd edition).

--
Tilghman