[asterisk-dev] Voicemail Call Transfer

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Mon Jul 7 14:56:01 CDT 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-07 at 12:37 -0500, Tilghman Lesher wrote:
> That feature already exists, in the 1.6.0 beta.  It's enabled by the
> d(<context>) option.  Basically, if you enter any digit that is a valid
> extension (or start of an extension, for multi-digit options), Voicemail
> will immediately exit to that context (either waiting for additional digits
> or proceeding immediately for unambiguous single digit extensions).
>
> The only caveat is that Voicemail does not currently set a channel variable
> with the authenticated username.  You could emulate this, though, by using
> the VMAuthenticate application first, then calling Voicemail with the mailbox
> returned, as well as the 's' option to skip authentication.

It sounds like your second paragraph might cover this, but I didn't
really grok that (because I'm not all that familiar with Asterisk): my
concern would be that pressing "1" for my box needs to forward to a
different place than "1" for someone else. Also, that information needs
to be configurable via an ODBC data source. Is this possible in 1.6.0
beta?

Richard