[asterisk-dev] Locking, coding guidelines addition

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Jul 5 04:33:19 CDT 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2008, at 5:29 PM, Steve Totaro wrote:
>> Since I am not a developer but an advanced tech, I can tell you beyond
>> a shadow of a doubt that FreeSwitch handles much more capacity.
>

> That's nice.  However, this thread is about talking about _Asterisk
> development_ details.  Since you are an advanced tech, and not a
> developer, then you're obviously not intimately familiar with Asterisk
> locking strategies.  Your comments are more appropriate for the
> asterisk-users mailing list.
>
> Please stop hijacking this thread and taking it way off topic.
>
> --
> Russell Bryant
> Senior Software Engineer
> Open Source Team Lead
> Digium, Inc.

Wrong, This thread is about "Locking, coding guidelines addition".  I
don't think the users list appropriate for this topic.

I think a ten fold improvement in performance is not hijacking, while
on subject....

Keep your eyes closed to to other methods and technologies, that will
do Asterisk well in the long run, just like the recording industy....

Thanks,
Steve Totaro