[asterisk-dev] Locking, coding guidelines addition

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sat Jul 5 13:06:51 CDT 2008

On Jul 5, 2008, at 5:33 AM, Steve Totaro wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 12:09 AM, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com>
> wrote:
>> That's nice.  However, this thread is about talking about _Asterisk
>> development_ details.  Since you are an advanced tech, and not a
>> developer, then you're obviously not intimately familiar with
>> Asterisk
>> locking strategies.  Your comments are more appropriate for the
>> asterisk-users mailing list.
>>

> Wrong, This thread is about "Locking, coding guidelines addition".  I
> don't think the users list appropriate for this topic.

I did not say this thread belongs on the asterisk-users mailing list.
I said that is where your input belongs.

> Keep your eyes closed to to other methods and technologies, that will
> do Asterisk well in the long run, just like the recording industy....

My eyes are wide open.  My development efforts, as well as that of
many others, to make use of more advanced data structures, locking
strategies, cache management, and much more demonstrates that fact.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer