[asterisk-dev] channel datastore question (repost: digium mail server problems?)

Thu Jan 24 01:48:58 CST 2008

Hi!

1. Sorry for the repost

2. I think there are problems with the mail servers/list server - see below.

Klaus Darilion schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to signal certain ISDN parameters from incoming zaptel
> channel to outgoing zaptel channel.
>
> I was told to not extend the ast_channel structure but to use channel
> data stores.
>
> If I understand it right, the datastore will be copied from incoming to
> outgoing channel (inherited) by Dial() once the outgoing channel has
> answered the call. Right?
>
> In my case this is too late as the outgoing channel needs the ISDN
> information during call setup.
>
> Any hints how I can solve my problem? Patching app_dial to inherit
> before the call is answered? Extending the ast_channel structure? Maybe
> extending datastores to have differ between datastores which will be
> inherited immediately and datastatore which will be inherited after
> answering of the call.
>
> Maybe are there some methods inside Asterisk to request a certain kind
> of channel - e.g. to tell chan_zap during creation of the outgoing
> channel that the new channel will be a video+audio channel, not only audio.
>
> thanks
> klaus

I often have problems that mails sent to the list do not appear on the
list - e.g. this email sent on Jan 23 11:00:30 (at the end of the email
you will find the log entry of my SMTP server which states that the
email was successfully deliverd. Further I sent another email 1 minute
later which made it through to the list without problems - both were
delivered to the same SMTP server)

regards
klaus

Jan 23 11:00:30 ds3000 postfix/qmgr[2979]: A41CF1080007: