[asterisk-dev] Unstable releases lately

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jan 17 11:01:24 CST 2008

Russell Bryant wrote:

> We commit patches for bug fixes every day.  What are you suggesting happens to
> those fixes that are for "known issues"?  Oh well, wait until next time?  That's
> the only thing we could do, unless we make changes to how we handle branches and
> tags for Asterisk 1.4 to be just like the plan for 1.6.

No, the thought was that if we make a tag for a proposed release, and
somebody finds a problem that would cause that to not be released
without being fixed, then we re-make the tag and announce that here (to
the limited group of testers that would care).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies