[asterisk-dev] [non]optimized builds

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Feb 6 01:10:12 CST 2008

On Wed, Feb 06, 2008 at 12:53:07AM -0600, Tilghman Lesher wrote:

> I wouldn't mind seeing some statistics that back that claim up and add some
> clarity.  For example, are only released versions optimized by default?  What
> about development or beta versions?

Practically all of the code released is built with -O2 / -O3 .

> Should those versions include debugging
> symbols and be unoptimized by default?

Debugging symbols are a different matter, and unrelated to optimiations.
In fact, most binary packages of Asterisk keep the debugging symbols in
a separate package so you won't have to install them if you don't need
them. You can install them in retrospect after a crash to examine a core
file.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com