[asterisk-dev] Developing VM App for Astrisk running on Linksys SPA400

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Wed Dec 10 04:29:20 CST 2008

Steve Wofford schrieb:

> Linksys/Cisco has not produced any API or documentation
> on how to subscribe for VM notification or how to retrieve them. I have
> full use of a complete SIP stack so it is a matter of sending the
> correct SIP messages to the SPA400 and processing the SIP messages.

> I figure I am going to have to reverse engineer this, but since Asterisk
> is open-source, should not be too hard, but need some guidance.

Maybe they use the method from RFC 3842
(Message Summary and MWI Event Package)
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3842

For examples in Asterisk see chan_sip.c.
MWI_NOTIFICATION, application/simple-message-summary, ...

   Philipp Kempgen

--
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de  -  http://www.the-asterisk-book.com
Amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied  ->  http://www.amooma.de