[asterisk-dev] murf: branch 1.4 r139347 - in /branches/1.4: main/pbx.c res/res_features.c

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Aug 28 15:19:21 CDT 2008

Steve Murphy wrote:
> I've made some corrections to the code, available as the
> h-exten5-1.4.diff attachment (or the h-exten5-trunk.diff
> for trunk/1.6.x situations), to the bug at
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13251.
>
> This one looks a lot better. Addresses the issues Russell
> brought forward at the beginning of the week. A few users
> have tested it under different scenarios and report success.
> I really should have attended to his objections better/earlier,
> but I was in a hurry, and gave it light treatment. My apologies.
>
> So, I plan to commit this fix again. If you do have problems,
> add a note to 13251, describe the problem, and I'll see what
> can be done! I will not commit until all problems are solved.
>
> To test it, download and apply the appropriate patch to your
> release via: patch -p0 <  h-exten5-<ver>.diff
>
> On the other hand, if you don't test it, and you have problems
> with the changes in the future, you'll have to file a bug
> report.
>
> Russell-- if you'd look at the new patch, and point out any
> remaining issues, I'd be very appreciative (along with everybody
> else who might be adversely affected in the future!)

First, here is a summary of what has been changed in the patch for those
following along:

1) If the Dial application has been configured to continue after
returning from the bridge, do not run the 'h' extension in the bridge.
This is done by setting a bridge feature flag.

2) When running the 'h' extension at the end of a bridge, set a flag on
the channel that indicates that the 'h' extension has already executed.

One issue with this patch is that app_dial is not the only place a
bridge is performed.  In 1.4, app_queue and app_followme bridge calls as
well.  In trunk, there are more places.

I still have this really bad feeling about doing this in the bridge code
at all, but that's the only specific issue that I have come up with so
far.  I will keep thinking about it, though.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer