[asterisk-dev] Bridging two Channels

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Sat Apr 26 09:03:48 CDT 2008

On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Matt Florell <astmattf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Asterisk 1.2 reached it's official EOL for dev over 2 years ago
>  actually, but I still write patches for it, especially back-porting
>  features from 1.4 to it. There are still a significant number of
>  people that use 1.2 and still develop for it(like Fonality and Digium
>  themselves through Switchvox), so I would not rule out any discussion
>  or mention of development on 1.2 in this list.
>
>  As for posting as a user looking for the answer to a user question on
>  a dev list, I do not approve of that and I do discourage that on my
>  own project forums. If this thread had been asked on the users list I
>  still would have responded with the same posting I did here.
>  Unfortunaly on mailing lists there is no easy way for an admin to
>  force a topic to a different list like a forum admin can do.
>
>  MATT---

Matt,

Well as you probably know, I am with you on the 1.2.X issues of
superior stability and I still deploy it unless there is an obvious
"deal breaker" reason to go with 1.4.X.

I am interested in what you have backported.  Are your backports all
in bugtracker or can they be found in the wild somewhere else?

I would be very interested in a 1.2 backport of "whisper coaching" and
also chan_mobile (and any additional functionality providing it is
stable).

Thanks,
Steve Totaro