[asterisk-dev] Bridging two Channels

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Sat Apr 26 09:30:49 CDT 2008

On 4/26/08, Steve Totaro <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Matt Florell <astmattf at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > Asterisk 1.2 reached it's official EOL for dev over 2 years ago
>  >  actually, but I still write patches for it, especially back-porting
>  >  features from 1.4 to it. There are still a significant number of
>  >  people that use 1.2 and still develop for it(like Fonality and Digium
>  >  themselves through Switchvox), so I would not rule out any discussion
>  >  or mention of development on 1.2 in this list.
>  >
>  >  As for posting as a user looking for the answer to a user question on
>  >  a dev list, I do not approve of that and I do discourage that on my
>  >  own project forums. If this thread had been asked on the users list I
>  >  still would have responded with the same posting I did here.
>  >  Unfortunaly on mailing lists there is no easy way for an admin to
>  >  force a topic to a different list like a forum admin can do.
>  >
>  >  MATT---
>  >

> Matt,
>
>  Well as you probably know, I am with you on the 1.2.X issues of
>  superior stability and I still deploy it unless there is an obvious
>  "deal breaker" reason to go with 1.4.X.
>
>  I am interested in what you have backported.  Are your backports all
>  in bugtracker or can they be found in the wild somewhere else?
>
>  I would be very interested in a 1.2 backport of "whisper coaching" and
>  also chan_mobile (and any additional functionality providing it is
>  stable).
>
>  Thanks,
>
> Steve Totaro

Asterisk 1.4.19.1 is much better than previous 1.4 releases as far as
stability goes, but there are still bugs and I still recommend 1.2.28
over any of the 1.4 releases at this time.

As for patches, here is a list of the ones that I maintain for use in
the VICIDIAL project, I have done others in the past, but these are
the ones that I actively maintain:

Slight fork of the original Aheeva app_amd released in 2005.
http://www.eflo.net/files/app_amd2.c

Existing waitforsilence doesn't work in 1.2. This is a backport/patch
that was posted on the bug tracker.
http://www.eflo.net/files/app_waitforsilence.c

I wrote this one to allow for DTMF passthru in meetme no matter the channeltype.
http://www.eflo.net/files/meetme_DTMF_passthru-1.2.23.patch

Meetme volume control and muting backorted by me from 1.4
http://www.eflo.net/files/meetme_volume_control_1.2.16.patch

Change the output of "show channels concise" to be ! delimited instead
of : delimited which causes problems since : is a valid channel
character.
http://www.eflo.net/files/cli_chan_concise_delimiter.patch

Different enter/leave sounds for meetme, not a backport, these will
work in 1.4 also. less noticable than default sounds, and can lower
load on heavy meetme systems. Yes, the meetme enter/leave sounds are
actually header files.
http://www.eflo.net/files/enter.h
http://www.eflo.net/files/leave.h

I haven't touched ChanSpy Whisper mode since it still can cause
crashes in 1.4 according to reports after 1.4.19 was released.

MATT---