[asterisk-dev] Thoughts on Asterisk release management

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Sep 20 11:00:25 CDT 2007

Tony Mountifield wrote:
> I'd also like to toss into this discussion a post I made back in May
> about the tension between trunk and release branches. Please see
> http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2007-May/027869.html

I agree with your assessment, and hopefully by treating trunk as its own release
series addresses some of these issues.  I'd like to try to minimize the time
between feature development and release, but at the same time, continue to
manage long life cycle releases that are much less of a moving target.  I think
there is an audience for both.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer