[asterisk-dev] Thoughts on Asterisk release management

David Bowerman david.bowerman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 04:57:04 CDT 2007

Russell,

Good plan! and i'd support it 100%.

chan_mobile is a good case in point. its a 'new feature' that wouldnt
appear until 1.6

there are loads of people backporting it to 1.4 because they want it
'earlier' and even some people backporting it to 1.2

shortening the release cycle will give people access to any new
feature in manageable chunks.

dave

On 9/20/07, Russell Bryant <russell at digium.com> wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> The process of developing, releasing, and maintaining Asterisk 1.4 has certainly
> been a learning experience.  I have been putting a lot of thought into the
> things that we have been dealing with and would like to propose some changes to

<snip>