[asterisk-dev] Thoughts on Asterisk release management

Mihai Balea mihai at hates.ms
Thu Sep 20 10:28:10 CDT 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 10:51 AM, Jared Smith wrote:

> I've offered to help coordinate such an effort (run by the community,
> not by Digium developers), and have even secured a machine to run the
> testing on.  What would be most useful is for people to start donating
> *code* that tests various aspects of Asterisk.  I've already had
> several
> people offer to send me some SIPP scripts for testing the SIP channel
> driver, but so far nobody has followed through.

We already have some code that can be used to stress tests the IAX
channel and, by extension, all core Asterisk components.
Right now it resides in one of my dev branches in iaxclient (http://
sourceforge.net/projects/iaxclient), but the goal is to merge that
into iaxclient trunk soon.  It also under active development at this
moment and a bit rough around the edges, but given a few weeks time,
it should shape up pretty nicely.
Also, since this is all open source, it is already "donated" :)

Mihai