[asterisk-dev] Thoughts on Asterisk release management

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Sep 20 09:51:53 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 09:30 -0500, Power, Paul C. wrote:
> I would like to see some test harnesses exist to really wring out
> various aspects of atserisk code. I would do what I could to donate a
> machine to run regular testing.

I've offered to help coordinate such an effort (run by the community,
not by Digium developers), and have even secured a machine to run the
testing on.  What would be most useful is for people to start donating
*code* that tests various aspects of Asterisk.  I've already had several
people offer to send me some SIPP scripts for testing the SIP channel
driver, but so far nobody has followed through.

-Jared