[asterisk-dev] Proposal for changes to static queue configuration

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Wed Sep 19 10:49:06 CDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 10:26 -0500, Russell Bryant wrote:
>  If you are to the point where you have time to implement new things, I would
> _much_ rather that effort go toward developing a brand new queue system for
> Asterisk.

I wholeheartedly agree!  We really need to get past our current queue
code and write it's replacement, instead of just applying band-aids to
the current code.  I pushed for this at the Asterisk Developers
Conference this spring, and I'm more than happy to help coordinate the
effort of gathering requirements, defining use cases, and testing.
Unfortunately, my coding skills in C are so rusty right now I can't
really help out in that department.

-Jared