[asterisk-dev] Proposal for changes to static queue configuration

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Wed Sep 19 11:54:06 CDT 2007

Jared Smith wrote:
> I wholeheartedly agree!  We really need to get past our current queue
> code and write it's replacement, instead of just applying band-aids to
> the current code.  I pushed for this at the Asterisk Developers
> Conference this spring, and I'm more than happy to help coordinate the
> effort of gathering requirements, defining use cases, and testing.
> Unfortunately, my coding skills in C are so rusty right now I can't
> really help out in that department.

That would be great if you would be willing to help out with gathering and
documenting the requirements for queues-ng.  That has to get done before we can
get anywhere with its development since this is a larger scale development effort.

I know from conversations we have already had that this going to be more than
writing a new app module.  It's going to require some core architecture
development, as well.  Given that, I'd like to approach the project in a
structured way so that we don't miss anything or waste time working on stuff
that isn't going to satisfy what people want in the end.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer