[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Sun Sep 9 18:43:55 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Bryant" <russell at digium.com>
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2007 6:15 PM
Subject: Re: [asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

> Sergio Garcia Murillo wrote:
> > Let me try to explain myself again, because it seems that you have not
> > undestood
> > the issue yet.
> > The data is NOT video, is h223 data, which is a multiplexed stream that
> > carries
> > simultaniously audio,video and h245 control data. Once it's processed by
the
> > application then you can extract video frames and audio frames which can
be
> > correctly handled by asterisk.
> > So if you don't want to create an opaque data type, then it will be
great if
> > you
> > create it's correct type that would be AST_FRAME_DIGITAL and it's
correct
> > format AST_FORMAT_H223.
> > Also if you want you could also include other digital formats, as for
> > example
> > AST_FORMAT_H320 (for isdn conferencing) that would be great.
>
> I would prefer that this stream be decoded inside of the channel driver.
Then,
> the audio and video should be sent into the core as AST_FRAME_VOICE and
> AST_FRAME_VIDEO.  The control data should also be handled inside of the
channel
> driver, with some of the information passed into Asterisk using
> AST_FRAME_CONTROL as appropriate.  This is how every channel driver works.

The problem is that then I would have to patch chan_zap and chan_misdn and
anyother
isdn channel. Also due to license, not that i wouldn't like too, my code
won't go into
the asterisk repository, so i'll have to worry about each change in them and
maintain
multiple versions.. not sounds good to me..

BR
Sergio