[asterisk-dev] AST_FRAME_DIGITAL

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Sun Sep 9 11:15:28 CDT 2007

Sergio Garcia Murillo wrote:
> Let me try to explain myself again, because it seems that you have not
> undestood
> the issue yet.
> The data is NOT video, is h223 data, which is a multiplexed stream that
> carries
> simultaniously audio,video and h245 control data. Once it's processed by the
> application then you can extract video frames and audio frames which can be
> correctly handled by asterisk.
> So if you don't want to create an opaque data type, then it will be great if
> you
> create it's correct type that would be AST_FRAME_DIGITAL and it's correct
> format AST_FORMAT_H223.
> Also if you want you could also include other digital formats, as for
> example
> AST_FORMAT_H320 (for isdn conferencing) that would be great.

I would prefer that this stream be decoded inside of the channel driver.  Then,
the audio and video should be sent into the core as AST_FRAME_VOICE and
AST_FRAME_VIDEO.  The control data should also be handled inside of the channel
driver, with some of the information passed into Asterisk using
AST_FRAME_CONTROL as appropriate.  This is how every channel driver works.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer