[asterisk-dev] 300 Agent Inbound Call Center -- Asterisk?

Patrick Markert - Amerisave pmarkert at amerisave.com
Tue Oct 9 21:36:10 CDT 2007

We are considering using Asterisk for a 300 person inbound call center.
We have complex rules about what calls go to what agents.  For example,
calls are usually divided up by the state in which they are coming from.
For example, only 10 agents can take calls from North Carolina.  The
names and extensions of the 10 agents are stored in our MS SQL Server
database.  We would like the phone system to be smart enough to read the
area code of the caller then look in our database for North Carolina
agents and then distribute to them in a logical way.  Another example,
is that we have regular inbound calls from advertising and we other
calls from our telemarketing group.  The telemarketing group transfers
calls to our 300 agents.  These calls are also state specific, but we
prefer that certain agents take these calls over others.  We take about
5000 calls per day.  Its all about getting the right calls to the right
agents.  Zero down time is a must.

Has anyone developed a system to handle this type of application with
this amount of volume successfully?  If so, I would like to speak with
you about this project.  My name is Patrick and I can be reached at
404-431-0000 .