[asterisk-dev] any experience building asterisk under windows ?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Thu Oct 4 13:50:04 CDT 2007

Simon Perreault wrote:
> At Astricon, the .NET guy (sorry I don't remember his name) mentioned that it
> built correctly under Cygwin. Of course you won't have access to OS-dependent
> stuff like drivers, but you'll still have the SIP and IAX goodness. Perhaps a
> bit (or a lot) slower, but shouldn't be a problem for one softphone.

You will be much more likely to get Asterisk to build under cygwin if you use
1.2.  I am fairly certain that we lost the ability to compile under cygwin when
we rewrote the build system for 1.4.  At the time, we didn't have anyone around
with the knowledge or interest in getting it to work.

However, I would be happy to answer any questions about the build system for
anyone that would like to take on the endeavor.

--
Russell Bryant
Software Engineer