[asterisk-dev] any experience building asterisk under windows ?

Simon Perreault simon.perreault at viagenie.ca
Thu Oct 4 06:59:28 CDT 2007

On Thursday 04 October 2007 01:52:39 Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> as in the subject... is there any experience in building asterisk,
> even in some reduced configuration, under Windows ?

At Astricon, the .NET guy (sorry I don't remember his name) mentioned that it
built correctly under Cygwin. Of course you won't have access to OS-dependent
stuff like drivers, but you'll still have the SIP and IAX goodness. Perhaps a
bit (or a lot) slower, but shouldn't be a problem for one softphone.