[asterisk-dev] any experience building asterisk under windows ?

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Thu Oct 4 14:59:13 CDT 2007

Russell Bryant wrote:

> Simon Perreault wrote:
>> At Astricon, the .NET guy (sorry I don't remember his name) mentioned that it
>> built correctly under Cygwin. Of course you won't have access to OS-dependent
>> stuff like drivers, but you'll still have the SIP and IAX goodness. Perhaps a
>> bit (or a lot) slower, but shouldn't be a problem for one softphone.
>
> You will be much more likely to get Asterisk to build under cygwin if you use
> 1.2.  I am fairly certain that we lost the ability to compile under cygwin when
> we rewrote the build system for 1.4.  At the time, we didn't have anyone around
> with the knowledge or interest in getting it to work.
>
> However, I would be happy to answer any questions about the build system for
> anyone that would like to take on the endeavor.

Compiling under Windows is really easy. This procedure
worked for me: Just grab a CentOS CD, click "partition
my disk", install Asterisk and you're done. SCNR

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.