[asterisk-dev] Is full PRI Signaling supported in Asterisk?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Nov 29 12:03:42 CST 2007

John Lange wrote:

> I'm a bit surprised this isn't supported since it seems this type of
> signaling is not a particularly rare thing.

It's never come up before in discussions here or on -users that I can
remember. Keep in mind that the IE space in Q.931 is basically
open-ended, and there's no way we can just 'pass through' everything we
see unless we are directly bridging two PRIs together. If the PRI calls
are being turned into Asterisk channels, then any information that you
want to capture from the Q.931 signaling has to have some place to live
on the Asterisk channel itself and some method to be sent back out when
a new PRI call is placed.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies