[asterisk-dev] Is full PRI Signaling supported in Asterisk?

John Lange john.lange at open-it.ca
Thu Nov 29 10:54:34 CST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 09:37 -0500, David Boyd wrote:

> is this an endpoint identifier IE used to route calls to appropriate
> terminal for ISDN?  This is listed in the ITU Q.932-1998 spec.

I wish I knew. Sounds like that might be it but hard to say for certain.

> The link below should get you there!
> http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-Q.932-199805-I/en
>

> If so then you should be able to pull it out of the IE's and handle the
> routing from there.

How would you do this? Do you mean by modifying libpri code or that
there is already a facility for doing this in the dialplan?

In any case, pulling the information out is not really the problem. I
need to inject the information on the interface attached to the BCM so
the BCM routes properly.

I'm a bit surprised this isn't supported since it seems this type of
signaling is not a particularly rare thing.

But at this point it looks like the easiest thing is to just reprogram
the BCM.

Thanks for the info.

John