[asterisk-dev] Is full PRI Signaling supported in Asterisk?

David Boyd dboyd at ignitetrx.com
Thu Nov 29 08:37:52 CST 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-29 at 00:10 -0600, John Lange wrote:
> Our telco uses a PRI feature called SID (Service Identifier according to
> Nortel lingo) on some incoming calls.
>
> The Nortel BCM apparently uses the SID to route some calls while using
> the DID to route others. In this instance we are trying to use the
> Asterisk box as a bridge between the PRI and the BCM. The problem is,
> when we pass a call from the PRI to the BCM the SID information is lost
> and the call is therefore not completed.
>
> I ran a pri debug and no place in the output did I see any mention of a
> SID nor could I find it mentioned in the source code of asterisk.
>
> Also google turned up almost nothing though I did find a BCM manual
> online which mentions call routing using SID.
>
> Does anyone know if it goes by another name and that's why I can't find
> it or is it just not supported?
>
> John

Hi John,

is this an endpoint identifier IE used to route calls to appropriate
terminal for ISDN?  This is listed in the ITU Q.932-1998 spec.

The link below should get you there!
http://www.itu.int/rec/T-REC-Q.932-199805-I/en

If so then you should be able to pull it out of the IE's and handle the
routing from there.

db