[asterisk-dev] feedback on autoservice_1.4 branch

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Nov 27 10:27:10 CST 2007

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> The answer to your question is yes; if a Zaptel channel is not serviced
> frequently enough, incoming data will be lost. I believe that chan_zap
> currently configures Zaptel with 4 20ms buffers for each channel, so the
> channel must be serviced at least once every 80ms (this is also how we
> achieve some very simplistic jitter buffering for data destined for
> Zaptel channels when the generic jitter buffer is not in use (or before
> it existed)).

Thanks for the answer!

So, in that case, audio from the channel definitely was getting lost when DUNDi
lookups blocked for any significant period of time.  If that audio was part of a
digit, then it could easily get missed, and verifies why the patch solved the
problem.  Yay!  :)

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer