[asterisk-dev] feedback on autoservice_1.4 branch

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Tue Nov 27 08:06:00 CST 2007

Russell Bryant wrote:

> The message includes a question about zaptel.  I would appreciate any feedback
> on my question, as well as the patch itself.

The answer to your question is yes; if a Zaptel channel is not serviced
frequently enough, incoming data will be lost. I believe that chan_zap
currently configures Zaptel with 4 20ms buffers for each channel, so the
channel must be serviced at least once every 80ms (this is also how we
achieve some very simplistic jitter buffering for data destined for
Zaptel channels when the generic jitter buffer is not in use (or before
it existed)).

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Director of Software Technologies