[asterisk-dev] Deprecate every '* reload' CLI command?

Eliel Sardanons eliels at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 21:44:56 CST 2007

Hello,
       we have been discusing with Tilghman Lesher about adding a
'voicemail reload' command because 'sip', 'iax' etc, has one, why
voicemail shouldn't, and Tilghman told me that we already have a way
of reloading app_voicemail.so (module reload app_voicemail.so), so
itsn't necesary to add a new CLI command. I always though 'module
reload *' as a low level command because the 'pbx administrator' must
know which module handles voicemail config (trivial in this case
but..) but Tilghmans though is ok, why should be doing things
duplicate, why not have just one way of reloading modules, and thats
why I am asking here, we should deprecate every '* reload' cli
command? I think is a good idea, or, we should add '* reload' to every
command (at least every app/pbx/res/chan that reads from a config
file).

Reference:
http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=11365

Sorry for my poor english...