[asterisk-dev] dialplan redesign - don't forget characters (New topic)

Philipp Kempgen philipp.kempgen at amooma.de
Fri Nov 23 06:49:50 CST 2007

Olle E Johansson wrote:

> Now, if we have UTF8 extensions - what about CDR and log files?
> Does all the databases we support in realtime and CDR handle utf8?
> Radius?

MySQL can handle UTF-8. Not sure about Radius.
Even if it couldn't there are probably various libraries
available which can normalize UTF-8 strings to NFD
(normalization form canonical decomposition). The only
thing left to be done after toNFD(): strip non-ASCII
characters, e.g. those with the high bit set.

Regards,
  Philipp Kempgen

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
    Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998