[asterisk-dev] dialplan redesign - don't forget characters (New topic)

Olle E Johansson olle at voop.com
Fri Nov 23 04:53:04 CST 2007

23 nov 2007 kl. 11.03 skrev Benny Amorsen:

> SM> I just need some good free routines to convert from utf-8 to
> SM> unicode chars, and some simple comparison functions that work on
> SM> unicode arrays instead of just 8-bit ascii/8859 stuff.
>
> Why do you want to convert? UTF-8 is ok as an internal representation
> too.
Yes, for extensions.

The Zaptel Caller ID names are similar to Ascii...

Since we're a multiprotocol PBX we need to be able to convert from a
to the
various protocol formats.

The Alphanumeric extensions aren't a topic for conversion though.
We can't convert them, since a converted string is
not the same extension and might collide with an existing extension.

Now, if we have UTF8 extensions - what about CDR and log files?
Does all the databases we support in realtime and CDR handle utf8?
Radius?

This is a lot of fun.

/O