[asterisk-dev] [asterisk-commits] rizzo: trunk r89452 - in?/trunk: acinclude.m4 configure configure.ac

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Nov 20 13:24:03 CST 2007

Simon Perreault wrote:
> I've had some issues with the fact that configure is in SVN. They took a lot
> of time to resolve. The minuscule amount of time that this is taking me to
> write is nothing compared to what would have been saved.

I sincerely apologize that you had a problem due to the fact that the configure
script is in svn.  Obviously, you are aware of that fact now, and it should be
ok in the future.

Unfortunately, you fell into the extreme minority in this situation.  The number
of people that change the configure script is extremely small, and the burden of
dealing with it being in svn is on us.  However, by doing so, we alleviate that
burden from the many, many thousands of people who are building Asterisk from
source.

My opinion is that I am willing to take on this extra small burden so that we
can make Asterisk just a little bit easier to compile and install on the various
platforms that people use.  I agree that the burden isn't that large whichever
way we go, but I really don't feel like it is any more work for us having it there.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer