[asterisk-dev] SRTP, Sdescriptions, and TLS

Mohammad Halawah mhalawah at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 04:32:29 CST 2007

Hello everyone,

I would like to have asterisk supporting SRTP through Sdescriptions
where SIP packets are delivered on top of TLS. I need to use
Sdescriptions because I use Snom phones.

I know that Asterisk has a patch to enable SRTP with Sdecriptions as
mentioned in http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5413

I know also that there is a working patch for TLS as Russel mentioned
(9th July 2007) in
http://lists.digium.com/pipermail/asterisk-dev/2007-July/028454.html
which is made for revision 88524 as can be seen in
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/bbryant/sip-tcptls.

Additionally, in this link http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=4903 , I
found two patches dated after 9th July.

I think that I can use asterisk on this link
http://svn.digium.com/svn/asterisk/team/bbryant/sip-tcptls/ and patch
it with the SRTP patch "ast_srtp_r81432_mikey_r3412.patch" located
here http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5413 . Does that make sense?

I would appreciate someone help me finding the right combination of
trunk/revision/patch. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Mohammad