[asterisk-dev] module embedding help ?

Russell Bryant russell at digium.com
Tue Nov 6 10:23:43 CST 2007

Luigi Rizzo wrote:
> ok it works on linux but not on FreeBSD. Need to check why - any
> documentation or suggestion on what mechanism is used to make dlopen()
> work on the embedded modules too ?

Well, one thing worth noting is that embedded modules have a dependency on the
GNU linker.  On my mac, for example, GNU ld was not used, so embedded modules
won't work.  However, if you got it to build, you probably are using GNU ld ...

Also, I don't think dlopen() gets used with embedded modules.  Instead, each
embedded module uses an __attribute__ ((constructor)) function to register its
module description struct to the loader.

--
Russell Bryant
Senior Software Engineer