[asterisk-dev] chan_cellphone - Mantis issue 8919

Michael Cargile mcargile at explido.us
Mon May 14 06:00:28 MST 2007

> Personally I like chan_bluetooth.  I don't think chan_mobile really
> describes what it does.  Chan mobile does not make me think "i'll use my
> bluetooth hand set with this asterisk channel".
>
> As far as the channel driver suporting other technologies in the future,
> we could just rename it then (and have this lengthy discussion again).

Personally I like chan_mobile because it covers all the bases that this
driver will cover in the not too distant future. When I think
chan_mobile I think hey this will support my mobil device, whatever it
happens to be. Calling it by a name of what it currently supports makes
no sense, if in a few months it will just have to be renamed anyways.
Doing so will just add more confusion. If I hadn't happen to read this
thread I would still be looking for chan_cellphone.

--
Michael Cargile
Explido Software USA Inc.