[asterisk-dev] chan_cellphone - Mantis issue 8919

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri May 11 13:04:43 MST 2007

On Friday 11 May 2007 3:43 pm, Matthew Nicholson wrote:
> Personally I like chan_bluetooth.  I don't think chan_mobile really
> describes what it does.  Chan mobile does not make me think "i'll use my
> bluetooth hand set with this asterisk channel".
>
> As far as the channel driver suporting other technologies in the future,
> we could just rename it then (and have this lengthy discussion again).

That's my point -- it *is* a bluetooth driver.  If you get around to adding
USB support, you can call it chan_usb or something...  it doesn't do those
things now, and it's not likely that adding other interfaces to this driver
will be trivial... it might be a better idea to abstract the AT command set
and match it up with USB, BT, IR, whatever...

-A.