[asterisk-dev] chan_cellphone - Mantis issue 8919

Matthew Nicholson mnicholson at digium.com
Fri May 11 12:43:51 MST 2007

Jason Parker wrote:
> ----- "Senad Jordanovic" <senad at bicom.us> wrote:
>> Olle E Johansson wrote:

>>> Chan_bluefeet ...going everywhere...
>>>
>>> /O
>> What about : chan_wtech... Channel (for) wireless technologies
>>

>> Senad
>
> So, part of the reason I didn't want to use anything "bluetooth" (or blueteeth *cough*), is because in the future - this channel driver *could* in theory also control devices via other methods - say via usb serial (many new phones coming on the market can push the audio (using sco, I believe?) over the usb, instead of through a 2.5" jack).
>
> It wouldn't surprise me if eventually we had res_bluetooth/res_rfcomm, res_sco, etc, which this channel driver (and others?) could use.

Personally I like chan_bluetooth.  I don't think chan_mobile really
describes what it does.  Chan mobile does not make me think "i'll use my
bluetooth hand set with this asterisk channel".

As far as the channel driver suporting other technologies in the future,
we could just rename it then (and have this lengthy discussion again).

--
Matthew Nicholson
Digium