[asterisk-dev] Config Compaq Proliant DL580 Multi Processors for Astersik

Wasim Baig wasim at convergence.pk
Thu May 3 18:24:07 MST 2007

Wrong mailing list for this type of question. Please ask on -users. Thanks.

You might have better luck using IO APIC in the kernel as opposed to XT-PIC.

Moreover, its not really asterisk you're probably worried about here rather
kernel IRQ load balancing for wanpipe.

-wasim

On 5/2/07, Ping Liu <ping.liu at ipacific.com.au> wrote:

>  We have Compaq Proliant DL580 server with  4 processors. The Asterisk we
> have on this system is Asterisk 1.2.13.
>

> This OS we have is Linux with Kernel 2.6.9 and SMP configured.
>

> System can see that were 4 processors, but only one CPU has been used:
>

> CPU0             CPU1            CPU2              CPU3
>
>   0:                426675508                      0                     0
>                      0          XT-PIC  timer
>
>   1:                                   8                      0
>              0                      0          XT-PIC  i8042
>
>   2:                                   0                      0
>                    0                      0          XT-PIC  cascade
>
>   3:                426689123                       0
>               0                      0          XT-PIC  wanpipe1
>
>   5:                     2072601                       0
>                  0                      0          XT-PIC  ida0
>
>   8:                                   1                       0
>                     0                      0          XT-PIC  rtc
>
>  14:                    3836735                       0
>                     0                       0          XT-PIC  ide0
>
>  15:                  51600792                       0
>            0                       0          XT-PIC  eth0
>
> NMI:                               0                       0
>                      0                      0
>
> LOC:              426758689   426758707    426758706    426758705
>
> ERR:          0
>
> MIS:          0
>

> Can anyone help for getting 4 CPU to be used.

wasim h. baig | principal consultant | convergence pk | +92 300 8508070