[asterisk-dev] configuring imap enabled voicemail from shell

Luke McKee hojuruku at gmail.com
Tue May 1 20:22:52 MST 2007

Hi Asterisk Devs,

I'm working on making a 1.4.4 gentoo ebuild for asterisk. It's working
nice and has got chan_cellphone support too. I've got imap compiling
by unpacking the uw-imap source one directory level down from the
asterisk sources. Would it be any better to use a UW-IMAP c-library
already installed (as long as it has the static archives)

I have a couple of questions about how I can automate the procedure to
get imap working from ebuild use flags.

I need to automate the selection of
MENUSELECT_OPTS_app_voicemail=IMAP_STORAGE.

Can I just cat it info menuselect.makeopts before starting the build
and it will work? What's the recommended way of changing this?
I know I could patch the source to turn IMAP_STORAGE on by default but
thats messy.

Cheers,

Luke McKee
Lintel Systems