[asterisk-dev] configuring imap enabled voicemail from shell

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu May 3 06:59:28 MST 2007

Tzafrir Cohen wrote:

> It also assumes quite a few things about the implementation of
> menuselect. As you patch its internal generated files. No, I have no
> better suggestion.

As is often said, the code is the documentation :-)

'make menuselect.makeopts' is the method that automated build processes
should use to get the menuselect output file built with 'all automatic'
options and defaults.

If you look at the top-level Asterisk Makefile, you can see that it also
supports site-level and user-level input files for menuselect, called
'asterisk.makeopts'. These files could have non-default options in them,
and the 'make menuselect.makeopts' process will use --check-deps to
ensure that they can be supported (or fail the build process). In an
ebuild or deb or other build process, you could run the  process like this:

$ make USER_MAKEOPTS=/path/to/build/makeopts menuselect.makeopts

Then your /path/to/build/makeopts file could contain the options you
want the menuselect tool to attempt to use. This would alleviate the
need to edit the output files.